Today is my birthday. To honor this day, I’ll be participating in my first meme. It’s all about ME baby.
1. FIRST NAME? Mandy. Actually it’s Amanda. I’ve always liked my name, even when there were plently of others in high school with the same name. And my roommate in college. And my friend who used to babysit Jerry. We (me and babysitter Mandy) call ourselves the Crafty Mandies and we’re quite proud of ourselves.
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My middle name, Marie, is kinda like my Mom’s name, Mary.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I just watched Diary of a Mad Black Woman and I cried at the end and probably sometime during the middle. Who knew that movie was so damn good?
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Eh. I used to wish that I had handwrititng that looked really cool, but it’s probably too bubbly to be cool. Now I don’t really spend much time thinking about it.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Certainly turkey. And for special occasions, like tonight, Gerald is making me corned beef samiches. Yum.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I sure hope so! I’m very funny.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I have recently started a knitting journal (like, with paper and pencils) and I suppose my blog(s) serve as my journal.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I believe I do.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Before I was a mother: maybe. Now: no way.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I’m always changing it up (much to the annoyance of Gerald, the primary grocery shopper). Right now I’m working a box of Kashi’s Heart to Heart.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No, hardly ever.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes. My husband is much stronger though. An admirable quality in a man, I think.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby, or anything peanut-buttery.
14. SHOE SIZE? 10.5
5. RED OR PINK? Pink without question. Though my hair is red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My fat ankles.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My sister who lives many many miles away. I’m in NC and she lives in Alaska. She and her hubby just bought their first house and I can’t even go visit!
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? That would be rad.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black stretchy pants. One of Gerald’s white t-shirts. Bare feet. I am a stay at home mama and the fewer clothes I wear, the fewer I have to wash. I do try to look presentable to leave the house.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Two slices whole wheat toast with butter and homemade strawberry jam.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My fussy Maggie.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Blue. A nice royal blue.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? I can think of a lot (lilacs, campfires, my husband) but for today, I’ll say a freshly bathed baby.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mom. I talk to her all the time on the phone. She was the first to call to wish me a Happy Birthday today.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes. It was my husband’s eyes that got me. And the sound of his voice.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I absolutely love Cara‘s blog, and it’s one of my daily reads. I’ll have to admit that I’ve been a lurker for quite a while.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Non-alcoholic: coffee. Alcoholic: Caipirinha for nostalgic, Italian reasons. I haven’t had one in ages.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? To play: I loved volleyball when I used to play. To watch: Football? We watch so much of the football around here that I feel it’s my obligation to say that.
29. EYE COLOR? Blue.
30. HAT SIZE? Damn big.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Pizza. With pepperoni. No exceptions.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I don’t get much movie time, what with all the small children I have in my charge. Therefore, I want to go to the movies and be happy and entertained. Maybe a good romantic comedy tear-jerker does the trick. I certainly don’t want to see anything serious or depressing.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter. I like NC, but I do miss the snow in Buffalo. I don’t miss snow in October that knocks power out for a week and counting. Winter is also compatible with warm woolies like mittens, hats and sweaters.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Both.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Blueberry pie with fresh, homegrown blueberries and homemade crust.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Maybe Sarah?
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Probably PL?
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Ummmm. Wrap Style. Knitting in the Old Way. Knitter’s Almanac. Do they count?
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? An illustrated history of the uniforms worn by the New York Football Giants.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Veronica Mars and it was so good. V was trying to help Weevil get a job. I was so happy to finally see Weevil! It was so good!!!! I also watched Gilmore Girls and it was so NOT good.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Rain trinkling on the cover of the chimney. Jerry saying “I love you, Mom.” Maggie laughing.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? Florence, Italy. I spent a semester of college there. Boy was that fun. Sometimes I miss it a lot. Other times I miss the idea of it.
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can bend my thumbs back all the way so they touch my arm. I haven’t practiced this trick in a long time, but I still got it baby. I still got it.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Children’s Hospital in Buffalo, NY.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I found it on Cara’s site, January One.
That was fun. Now you go do it. And for goodness sake, it’s my birthday! Leave me a frackin comment already!